The department organizes a number of activities each year to provide additional education and learning beyond the four walls of the classroom.
Our activities include:
- Film Screening and Interaction on “Gender and Cinema in Northeast India” with Ms. Manju Borah, Film Maker, in 2010.
- Workshop on “Reporting and Editing for Print Media” with Mr. Manosh Das, Shillong Correspondent, The Times of India and Mr. Rituraj Borthakur, PTI Shillong Correspondent, in 2010.
- Group Discussion on “Understanding Media: Gender and Society with reference to Northeast India” with Ms. Patricia Mukhim, Editor of The Shillong Times, and Mr. Kishalaya Bhattacharjee, correspondent of NDTV, in 2011.
- Participatory Media Workshop, CHIME 2012, in partnership with UNICEF Assam, from 16th October to 15th November 2012.
- CHIME 2013, an interactive discourse and project on Rights of the Child (RoC) in partnership with UNICEF, Assam.
- Compulsory internship for students with different media organisations across the country for industry based interface.
- “Media Edge”- an interactive co-curricular weekly activity.
- “The Campus Bulletin”- a bi-annual Lab Journal.
- “ Kaleidoscope ”- News bulletins/ current affairs/ Talk shows/ documentaries and PSM’s as part of department Productions.
- “Decibel”Radio productions such as news/ features/docudrama/ music programmes/ ads and jingles.
- “ Pixel” for departmental photography exhibition.
- “eFLU”Pages for online media activities.